COVID-19 Update Thursday 1st of April 2021
- We are now able to accommodate more people in the Church using the social distance of one person per 2square meters. This excludes essential persons to the Liturgy.
- Those who have visited a recent hotspot, who are feeling ill, or who have symptoms of fever, cold, dry cough or sore throat should not come out to attend Mass but watch our Facebook live stream at 10am on Sundays.
- Please scan the Service NSW QR code outside the church or see the Door Volunteers who will take your details electronically - these will be kept confidential- but are necessary in case anyone contracts the virus.
- Please sanitise your hands as soon as you enter the church.
- Ministers/volunteers who are essential to the Liturgy must arrive and sign on at least 15 minutes before Mass starting.
- Groups of 5 or more are to sit in the smaller pews, please follow the directions of the volunteers to socially distance. There is no standing permitted.
- Those who enter a long pew first should occupy the central seat, starting from the front pews of the church, so that others who come after you will be able to occupy the aisles while observing social distancing.
- Once we have reached maximum capacity or the Mass has started, there will be no entry into the Church. Parishioners can choose to remain socially distanced outside whilst listening to Mass and receive communion outside.
- The congregation can now participate in singing or chanting.
- The sign of peace will be exchanged without physical contact.
- We may now process down the aisles for Communion, making sure we keep a distance from the person in front of us. Communion should be received only in the hand.
- Wardens have resumed taking up the 1st and 2nd collection. The collection baskets now have long handles to minimise contact. Thank you for your stewardship.
- As you prepare to exit the church please exit starting with the rows that are closest to the entrances.
- There is a separate QR Code for the Church, Hall and Parish Office. You must sign in to those areas, each time you enter.
- The obligation to participate in Sunday Mass is still lifted.
EASTER TRIDUUM & SUNDAY MASSES
Holy Thursday 1st April
No 9.30am Mass, First Rite of Reconciliation 9.30am -10.30am
Mass 7.00pm followed by Vigil until 10.00pm
Collection for the La Salette Seminarian Appeal
Good Friday 2nd April
Stations of the Cross (liturgy) led by Youth 10.00am
Passion of the Lord 3.00pm Good Friday
Appeal for the Church in the Holy Land, envelopes available at the Church doors.
Easter Vigil 3rd April
No 9.00am Mass
Vigil Mass 7.00pm
Easter Sunday 4th April
Masses 7.00am, 8.30am, 10.00am and 6.00pm
No bookings required, first come first serve.
Masks are encouraged.
Upon arrival please sign in through the Service NSW QR Code outside the Church and show the door volunteer that you have signed in this way.
If you don't have a smartphone you may approach a door volunteer who will take your details electronically.
Households should sit together and follow the instructions of the volunteers to maintain social distancing.
Mass can be heard outside if you happen to arrive too late for a seat.
Tuesday 6:45am & 9:30am
Wednesday 9:30am & 7pm
(followed by Novena Our Lady of Perpetual Help)
Friday 6:45am & 12:10pm
Sunday 7:00am, 8:30am, 10:00am, 6:00pm
9:30am-10:30am & 5:00pm-5:45pm
Children's Liturgy Mass:
Youth Mass Times
Masses of Anointing are held
following nursing homes & hospitals -
First Tuesday of each month at 10.30am
And (alternate month)
First Tuesday of each month at 10.30am
Governor Phillip Manor
First Wednesday of each month at 2:00pm
Every Friday at midday (12:00pm)
Third Wednesday of each month at 10.30am
Mt View Village
First Friday of each month at 10:00am
Third Tuesday of each month at 10.30am
Help CatholicCare chaplains bring comfort, faith and hope to the sick and isolated
PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY TO THE BISHOP'S GOOD SAMARITAN APPEAL.
MORE ABOUT OUR PARISH
Learn more about the history of our parish.
Get involved in our parish ministry groups.
Find out what's happening in our parish.
175th Anniversary Mass
St Nicholas of Myra Parish, Penrith
326 High Street, Penrith NSW 2750
Phone: (02) 4721 2509